We are looking for a Java engineer to use their knowledge to continuously improve the AQMetrics Risk and Compliance Cloud Solutions. Understanding the software development life cycle is key. You will work with the latest versions of Spring Framework, Java 8 and its new features, Spring Boot and RESTful Web services. You will collaborate closely with Product design teams, customer success management and application engineering to design, build, test and deploy new features in accordance with the AQMetrics product roadmap.
- Design, develop, test and maintain major backend components.
- Ensure quality in all phases of the SDLC.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Research new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Write documentation on given technical specifications.
- Help our skilled customer success team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
- 3-5 years Java experience.
- Hands on experience in web development using Java, Spring Boot, Spring MVC framework and JDBC.
- Hands on experience developing RESTful Web services preferably using Spring Boot.
- Experience with Maven build/deployment process.
- Knowledge in Spring Transaction Management.
- Knowledge in relational databases, including static and procedural SQL.
- Knowledge in Unit and Integration testing.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming and design patterns.
- Strong technical, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Experience with git/Bitbucket Source Code management techniques.
- Experience with tools for software management (JIRA).
- Experience with working within an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban) is desirable.
- Knowledge in messaging technologies is a plus.
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Relevant 3rd level Computer Science qualification.
AQMetrics has sound financial backing and an excellent, experienced leadership team. You will be part of a wider global ambitious team, driven by a passion surrounding everything that they do. If you still have the drive to elevate your career and grasp this opportunity, then we want to hear from you, send your CV to email@example.com.